Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Friendship

Friendship has always been one of the top priorities in my life. If I was asked to rank it, then it would be in 2nd place, following right behind family, and before love, health, career/ambition, etc. Throughout the 32 years of my life so far, I have gotten acquainted with many individuals whom I thought I could grow old as friends with, well into our twilight years, but sadly, things were just not meant to be between me and many of them. Some drifted apart while other chose to sever our friendship due to personal differences. As a tribute to those good ole years we shared as bosom buddies previously, here’s a shout out to all of you (Chen Ze’en, Eugene/Ignatius Pang Yew Yang, Yap Chun Woei, Kenny Lim Tang Ngee, Rohana Bte Ariffin, Wong Mun Yee, Jacqueline Chua Peiling, Sim Sok Wee, Fong Wai Kean, Ganymede Lim, Jonathan Lee Hin Wah, Robin/Dexter Ng, Miki Ang, Sylvia Koh, Sarina Bte Kassim, Joyce Tan Lay Yian, Jacelyn Lin, Sofia Ibrahim and Chan Wan Then) from me - Wherever you are, I wish you all well. Our friendships may not have worked out for the best, but it still brings a smile to my face when I recall the good times we shared together as friends, and I hope you too would fondly look back to those happy days too.

But in spite of all the friendship losses I have experienced thus far, I do recognize that I am still very blessed to still have a precious group of friends who have chosen to stick by me through weal and woe throughout these years, despite our personal differences. So I’d like to take this opportunity to say a very big THANK YOU to you all for being there for me with your unyielding support, encouragement, care and tolerance (yes, I’m sure you all needed a lot of that) towards me throughout these years. It really is a relief that I need not mask my true food-loving, neurotic, whiney, drooling-over-hunks and whimsical self in front of you and you’d all still love me the way I am. You know, sometimes I feel a little guilty about whether or not I am as good a friend as you all are to me… I try my best, so if I fall short in any way, I do hope you all could understand and forgive my shortcomings as a friend to you. Looking to the future, here’s hoping that our friendships will continue to thrive and grow in the years to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment