Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Musicals, Musicals, Musicals

Besides TV, movies and food, I also am an avid follower of stage musicals! Regardless of whether it’s local (“Beauty World”, “Sing To The Dawn”, “Chang and Eng”, “Forbidden City”), Asian (“雪狼湖 Snow Wolf Lake”) or from Broadway (“The King And I”, “We Will Rock You”, “Roger & Hammerstein’s Cinderella”) or London West End (“The Phantom of The Opera”, “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang”), I’d be first in line to secure a ticket for a good seat with an excellent view to these shows, so as to pamper myself to an unbeatable experience of hearing the songs and dances performed ‘live’ with riveting emotions by the cast first hand, being thrilled by the unbelievable mechanism of the set design which also often has plenty of surprises in store for the audiences, and of course, nothing quite beats watching something ‘live’ on stage (instead of being pre-recorded on film)! It is therefore one of my plans that I’d be able to fly to New York and/or London once a year just to get my annual fix of their stage musicals there.

No comments:

Post a Comment