Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Love for TV

To say that I love TV is an understatement. TV IS my Number 1 Passion in life! From the first time I laid my eyes on a color television set, I was hooked for good. In fact, I’d say that the best moments of my life were spent sitting in front of the TV!!!

My childhood years were filled with good memories of growing up in the company of “Care Bears”, “M.A.S.K.”, “He-Man”, “She-Ra”, “Glo-Friends”, “Smurfs”, “Alvin & The Chipmunks”, “Gummi Bears”, “Dungeons & Dragons”, “Visionaries”, “Voltron”, “Thundercats”, “Centurions”, “The Flintstones”, “The Jetsons”, “Scooby-Doo”, “Button Moon”, “Rainbow”, “The Electric Company”, “Sesame Street”, “The Curiosity Show”, “3-2-1 Contact”, “Square One TV”, “Polka Dot Door”, “The Elephant Show”, “The Muppet Show”, “Fraggle Rock”, “Lamb Chop’s Play Along”, “Kidsongs”, etc.

As a teen, I was fascinated by the likes of US TV soaps, fantasy/mystery dramas and sit-coms such as “Falcon Crest”, “Wonder Woman”, “The Six Million Dollar Man”, “The Bionic Woman”, “Shazam”, “Misfits of Science”, “Manimal”, “The Incredible Hulk”, “Charmed”, “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”, “Knight Rider”, “Magnum P.I.”, “Murder, She Wrote”, “Moonlighting”, “The Saint”, “Remington Steele”, “V”, “Small Wonder”, “Blossom”, “Who’s The Boss”, “Brotherly Love”, “Friends”, “American Gladiators”, and yes, I’ll admit it, I used to be a HUGE fan of “Solid Gold”. I remembering actually piling up the sofa cushions so that they’d resemble the podium steps and then mimicking the moves of the dancers as they sashayed down the stairs in the shows!

Of course, like most Singapore kids, I too was drawn to and followed the many top-quality SBC (新广) mandarin drama serials on Channel 8 during my upper primary and secondary school days. Till today, I can still remember my beloved theme songs and classic scenes of 小飞鱼, 红头巾, 飞跃巅峰, 绿水英姿, 壮志骄阳, 逆风天使, 飞越银河, 亲心唤我心, 金兰结, 一代双骄, 早安老师, 迷离夜, 奇缘 I & II, 舞榭歌台, 浮沉, 青春123, 四代同堂, 芝麻绿豆, 咖啡乌, 我爱芳邻, just to name a few of my favourites amongst many others.

Even till today, my first choice of relaxation would still be sitting in front of the TV set, escaping from the harsh reality of the world for just that little while, indulging myself following the engaging storylines of numerous TV series. Whether be it US drama series (“Bones”, “Brothers and Sisters”, “Cold Case”, “Criminal Minds”, “CSI”, “CSI: NY”, “Desperate Housewives”, “Ghost Whisperer”, “Gossip Girl”, “Greek”, “Grey’s Anatomy”, “Law & Order: SVU”, “Medium”, “Smallville”, “Supernatural”, etc), sitcoms (“The New Adventures of Old Christine”, “The Big Bang Theory”, etc) or reality series (“Extreme Makeover: Home Edition”, “America’s Next Top Model”, “American Idol”, “Project Runway”, “So You Think You Can Dance”, “The Biggest Loser”, “The Amazing Race”, “Hell’s Kitchen”, “Top Chef”, “Big Brother”, “The Bachelor & The Bachelorette”, etc), TVB series, Taiwanese, J-Pop or K-Pop idol dramas, the choices are so far and wide that I actually say that “there are just too many good shows out there, but just so little time for me to finish them all!”

No comments:

Post a Comment